Career portfolios concentrate on the need for career planning in class. What exactly are career interest portfolios?
Career interest portfolio is –
• Snap shot from the interests, abilities, and skills
• Diary that lists your objectives, dreams, and visions
• Log book for work-related exploration and planning
• Guidebook to future job planning
• Storybook of the lifetime journey
Career education portfolios are self awareness or work-related exploration portfolios. These portfolios provide guidance in finishing the 3 steps from the career planning process –
• Educational and Work-related Exploration
• Career Planning
Self-understanding handles our self-concept, interpersonal skills, growth, and development.
Educational and job exploration reveals the relationships between learning, work, job-related skills, job seeking, skill development, and also the labor market.
Career planning includes self-assessment, work-related exploration, making decisions, existence role formation, setting goals, and also the implementation of job choices
Work-related exploration portfolio lists –
• Career test results
• Vocational interests – What you love to do
• Skills – Activities that you simply do well
• Values – Beliefs that you need
• Favorite subjects
• Favorite activities and hobbies
• Educational encounters: Field journeys, interviews with individuals at the office, and interactions with mentors or key resource people
• Future job options
A self awareness portfolio can help you –
• Highlight your interests, abilities, and skills
• Recognize your strengths
• Begin to see the relationships between extracurricular activities and career goals
• Find out about realm of work
• Open your vision to job possibilities
• Identify workplace skills
• List your work-related exploration objectives
• Concentrate on experienceing this right career objectives
• Set realistic achievable goals
• Make educational and career plans
The task exploration portfolio is a superb aid for college students. Education, learning, and training function as the bridge between school and realm of work. School is a time period of transition. A job interest portfolio works as a journal to record special activities and occasions.
The work-related exploration portfolio helps students –
• Increase self awareness
• Expand understanding of careers
• Improve career exploration and planning skills
• Develop motivation and self esteem
Career interest portfolios provide students with awesome possibilities to achieve self awareness in addition to explore and understand the field of work.